I’ve wanted to say something about the murder of nine church-goers in South Carolina, but my words only rang like cliches. Instead, I’ve chosen to post this video of the Reverend Clementa Pinckney, one of the killer’s victims. He talked to visitors about his church’s history, which was born in resistance to the very kind of racism that seems to have been one of the apparent gunman’s motives. Pinckney brought his baritone voice to South Carolina’s State Senate. I’m sure many will miss that voice.
The voice lives on
June 19, 2015
About Charles Redfern
Charles Redfern is an ordained clergyman specializing in healing and conflict transformation. He lives with his wife and son in Connecticut.
- Why Churches Are Folding, Book 1,504,002, Chapter 1,354,700,1650,001, 97,000th Draft charlesredfern.com/2017/03/22/why… via @credfernjr 23 minutes ago
- The myth of "open-ness" at PTS charlesredfern.com/2017/03/23/the… via @credfernjr 28 minutes ago
- The myth of “open-ness” at PTS charlesredfern.com/2017/03/23/the… https://t.co/dHQGyofIwY 3 hours ago
- J. Merritt is so on target: Why Princeton’s snub of Tim Keller should outrage progressives religionnews.com/2017/03/22/why… via @jonathanmerritt 8 hours ago
- Nothing matches the closed-mindedness of the supposedly open-minded: "toxic." religionnews.com/2017/03/22/pri… via @gibsonwrites 10 hours ago
Follow us on Networked Blogs
9-11 abortion Advent Alternative Mainstream Ayn Rand Biblical teaching burning of the Koran Burn the Koran Day Cancer Catholic Church catholic social teaching Charles Redfern Christ Christian Christianity Christianity and Islam Christmas Chuck Redfern climate change confession consistent life creation care culture Dove World Outreach Center Earthquake Easter Enfield Enfield School Board environment evangelical Evangelical Christianity Evangelical Environmental Network Fox News Glenn Beck Global Warming Good Friday Government shutdown green Green Christian Green Christianity Green evangelical Holy Week human interest humor Interfaith dialogue Islam Jesus Just war Lisa Sharon Harper Mitch Hescox new evangelical New Evangelicals for the common good Obama Obama and Islam Occupy America Occupy Wall Street pastors Political Satire politics poverty President Obama progressive evangelical religion Religion and Politics Religion news Religious dialogue Religious Freedom Religious Right Repentance Republican Party social commentary Social Justice Tea Party The Alternative Mainstream Trump