Knowing that the world faces issues far deeper than any one election can address — and knowing that most of the choices before me presented capable people who, nevertheless, make lousy Messiahs, and knowing that some of these capable people portrayed themselves as near-Messiahs while hinting that their opponents were the devil incarnate, and knowing that some of these candidates deliberately lied about their opponents while claiming to be paragons of virtue, and knowing that the respective parties of Theodore Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt are shells of their former selves … I, nevertheless, voted. I will honestly pray for the victors. I will continue to vest my Messianic hopes elsewhere — with enthusiasm.
After filling in the ovals …
November 6, 2012
About Charles Redfern
Charles Redfern is an ordained clergyman specializing in healing and conflict transformation. He lives with his wife and son in Connecticut.
- J. Merritt is so on target: Why Princeton’s snub of Tim Keller should outrage progressives religionnews.com/2017/03/22/why… via @jonathanmerritt 2 hours ago
- Nothing matches the closed-mindedness of the supposedly open-minded: "toxic." religionnews.com/2017/03/22/pri… via @gibsonwrites 4 hours ago
- Why Churches Are Folding, Book 1,504,002, Chapter 1,354,700,1650,001, 97,000th Draft charlesredfern.com/?p=4892 https://t.co/e17F2QmQAm 23 hours ago
- RT @ddale8: Former head of Colorado GOP, who said almost all voter fraud is committed by Democrats, is charged with voter fraud: https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @davidfrum: Trump margin in PA in 2016: 44,000. Pennsylvanians who’d lose Medicaid if ACA repealed: 670,000. 1 day ago
Follow us on Networked Blogs
9-11 abortion Advent Alternative Mainstream Ayn Rand Biblical teaching burning of the Koran Burn the Koran Day Cancer Catholic Church catholic social teaching Charles Redfern Christ Christian Christianity Christianity and Islam Christmas Chuck Redfern climate change confession consistent life creation care culture Dove World Outreach Center Earthquake Easter Enfield Enfield School Board environment evangelical Evangelical Christianity Evangelical Environmental Network Fox News Glenn Beck Global Warming Good Friday Government shutdown green Green Christian Green Christianity Green evangelical Holy Week human interest humor Interfaith dialogue Islam Jesus Just war Lisa Sharon Harper Mitch Hescox new evangelical New Evangelicals for the common good Obama Obama and Islam Occupy America Occupy Wall Street pastors Political Satire politics poverty President Obama progressive evangelical religion Religion and Politics Religion news Religious dialogue Religious Freedom Religious Right Repentance Republican Party social commentary Social Justice Tea Party The Alternative Mainstream Trump